The reason Chlorine Dioxide does not effect healthy cells is because the electrical charge is too weak to pull electrons from healthy cells, which have a much stronger electrical charge but for harmful bacteria and viruses with a weaker electrical charge, it is absolutely deadly to them. It literally disintegrates the cell walls of bacteria and dismantles viruses from both inside and outside. It is also deadly to cancer cells, which also have a low electrical charge similar to pathogens. And to make things better, it does not harm beneficial bacteria in our bodies because they have a much stronger electrical charge than Chlorine Dioxide, as if by divine design.
Chlorine Dioxide also neutralizes toxic heavy metals and other poisons in our body by oxidizing them. After it oxidizes a pathogen (by stealing 5 of it's electrons), it converts to Sodium Chloride (table salt). A typical dose of Chlorine Dioxide (a few drops) converts to the equivalent of just a few grains of salt, which is easily assimilated and excreted by your body without any harmful byproducts created, other than the dead and neutralized pathogens it leaves behind.
In the scientific community, Chlorine Dioxide in liquid form is often called, and sold as "stabilized oxygen" or CDS (Chlorine Dioxide Solution). The FDA has approved Chlorine Dioxide to treat drinking water and you can buy Chlorine Dioxide in the camping sections at sporting goods stores to treat drinking water that you scoop out of a lake or river. Shake your canteen and in a few minutes, your water is safe to drink. The FDA is totally fine with that but not with the medical application, claiming it is a dangerous household bleach.
Please Note that MMS in the form of Sodium Chlorite will bleach fabrics and IS dangerous to drink in significant amounts if it is not neutralized with an acid activator FIRST and all negative press about MMS is based on this fact. It is extremely alkaline with a PH of 14, so yeah, it is dangerous to drink without neutralizing it first but a few drops in water does make an effective antacid (I have personally used 2 drops of 28% Sodium Chlorite as an antacid with good results but try it at your own risk). However, when Sodium Chlorite is mixed with the correct amount of acid activator, the PH neutralizes and it converts to Chlorine Dioxide, which is completely safe to consume in small doses and is FDA approved to purify drinking water, in addition to over 30,000 other commercial applications, mostly in the food and meat processing industry. Since it is non-toxic to plant, animal, and human cells, it is often used to bleach paper and wood products because it safely bleaches without damaging the product. In fact, Chlorine Dioxide has been well known and used in the food and water purification industry for many decades, including public drinking water!
The Genesis 2 Church of Health and Healing is a nondenominational church established by Jim Humble to obtain all the protections that come with being registered as a church. In particular, protection from governments and government agencies (FDA, FCC) who would like to silence them. They are NOT registered as a 501(c)(3) so they also retain their freedom of speech, which allows them to legally make claims of cures. As a member of the church, I enjoy these same freedoms but I still refrain from making any claims of cures, as I believe the body can cure itself when it is detoxified. The church has made MMS part of their daily sacraments, which cannot be infringed upon by any government. However, the FDA still requires that MMS (Sodium Chlorite) can only be labeled and sold as a water purifier, which it does well. The church encourages you to make MMS yourself rather than buy it from one of their members and they provide instructions on how to do it (videos included below). I was able to buy 1 Kilo of Sodium Chlorite salt crystals for about US$13. That's enough to last my family several years. The more you buy, the cheaper it gets. I have included links below for different MMS sources.
Please watch the videos below and follow the links to further educate yourself. Your life, or the life of someone in your family could very likely depend on it very soon. It seems to help with a very wide spectrum of illnesses so please take the time to educate yourself by reading Jim Humble's books, which discuss the biology of how MMS works and how to take MMS for various ailments. They are only about $20 in PDF format with instant download.